I was hired by Gary of Rendezvous Deli Bar, for several web development services.
RendezVous is a Deli Bar & Tearoom based in Wyke, West Yorkshire offering high quality freshly prepared sandwiches, homemade meals, savouries, cakes and snacks in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
For the web development projects, my tasks included the following:
– Purchase the domain name that matched the business “www.rendezvousdelibar.co.uk”
– Purchase & Set-up SSL Security (All pages and any data on the site is encrypted between server & the visitor )
– Set bp custom email addresses (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc…)
– Set separate Email Hosting with online Business tools
– Set up UK web-hosting for the website
– Designed the entire website to have a “restaurant” theme
– Website designed to contain business colours (blue, yellow, white primarily)
– All photos were taken at the business premises & used as part of display & also dark backgrounds.
– Added Google Maps directly on the contact pages (easier for customers to find the address)
– Added the Deli Bar’s actual menu with the option for customers to download it.
– Made sure the website looked good on smaller screens (SmartPhones, Tablets, etc…)[Fluid Layout]
– Added measures on the backend to ensure website always loads very fast on any device.
– Added measures on the backend to ensure the website doesn’t need 24/7 maintenance. (Some stuff is automated!)
– Linked the business’s Twitter account to the site.
Website Link: www.rendezvousdelibar.co.uk